Tuesday, August 7, 2007

JOB JOB JOB JOB!!!!

So, the wonderful woman I texted after getting the job offer and calling my family, Hannah, told me to post it!!!!!!!!! Yay!! I have a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to teach (16) 3-year-olds at 7th avenue family headstart. I am a group teacher (I run the show) and I have an assistant teacher! I start Sept. 3rd. The school is year around, so I have a week off for winter and 3 weeks during the summer. I have to take a class this semester too, so I can get my credentials. As I was in the office chatting with Tolu, the director, Rosa, the education director calls. I guess my class is having trouble...they are sending me in to clean the place up! hehehehe...o nooooo...I can't even keep my room clean. We will see how that goes. So, I am going to be very very busy...planning my cirriculum, lesson plans, finger prints, shots...yadda yadda yadda...learning basic american sign. I will keep everyone posted.

I took a tour with Will. It was fun! We went to the MET and had pizza at Mimis and took a tour of the small central park. If anyone comes to visit those are the hotspots we will hit. I saw my lovely Peter and had a posh dinner at Cafeteria.

Anyway,
chat with you soon.
blogged
love everyone...i really really missed home today when my neighbor was blasting music....
linda

1 comment:

HT said...

You don't start work until September 3rd? That's so good - you have a few months to really learn your way around.

You know what would be a great way to learn your way around midtown? Eating lunch one day with me!